Elder Care in Northport NY
In your role as a family caregiver for an elderly adult who is suffering Alzheimer’s disease you will need to make many important decisions. One of the most pressing and potentially most impactful of these decisions is whether to start elder care for them. For many caregivers, this can be an extremely difficult decision. When you first get started on your care journey with your elderly parent it is likely that you wanted to do everything that you possibly could to care for your parent. You love them and want to ensure that they get the level of care and support that they need at all times. It might feel uncomfortable to think about another person taking over any of the care for your parent. You might worry that your senior will not be treated properly or that their wishes for their care and support will not be respected if you are not the one who is handling all of their care for them. As they progress through the stages of Alzheimer’s disease, however, it is likely that you will find their symptoms and challenges more demanding than you will be able to handle effectively on your own. This is when the highly personalized services of an elderly home care services provider can make a tremendous difference in their life and in yours.
Some of the ways that elder care may be an ideal choice as you care for an elderly adult who is suffering with Alzheimer’s disease include:
- 24-hour care. Particularly in the advanced stages of the disease, but possibly in the moderate stages as well, your elderly parent might require attention and care for a considerable portion of the day. As the disease progresses, their needs will get to the point when they need supervision and assistance 24 hours a day. Elder care means that there will be someone available to your aging loved one at all times, enabling you to feel confident that your parent is getting the proper support and care while also getting the rest that you need.
- Professional services. You may realize as your parent progresses through their disease that some of their care tasks are more extensive than you can handle confidently and effectively on your own. Regardless of whether your limitations are physical or emotional, if you are unable or unwilling to handle some of the needs that your parent has, an elderly home care services provider can step in and manage those needs effectively, respectfully, and with care. This can be extremely beneficial if you do not have the physical strength or capability to handle some of your parent’s needs, or if their care needs are sensitive in nature and you cannot emotionally manage fulfilling them.
- Time to yourself. It is easy for the needs of your aging parent to become the total focus of your life when they are progressing through Alzheimer’s disease. This, however, can result in you not taking care of yourself or failing to manage the other obligations that you have in life, such as taking care of your children or fulfilling your responsibilities at work. With the dedicated services of an elder care provider, you can feel at ease taking time to yourself to ease stress, relax, focus on your own health and well-being, and ensure that you continue to be there for the others who rely on you.
If you or an aging loved one are in need of elder care in Northport, NY or the surrounding areas, contact the caring professionals at Star Multi Care Services today at (631)956-8835. We are the Right Choice for Home Health Care Services!
From 1978 to 1986, Sternbach was associated with Automated Data Processing, Inc. (“ADP”)–a provider of information services, where he held several marketing positions before becoming the Director of Sales.
1999-2008 Sternbach was an active participant on the Board of Directors for Proginet–a computer software company based in Garden City, New York. He also served on the Board of Trustees of the Long Island Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society from 1996-2002.
In 1996, Stephen Sternbach was named “Entrepreneur of the Year” by Ernst & Young, Paine Webber and NASDAQ. Sternbach was also named in Crain’s New York Business Article, “40 Under 40” Successful Business Executives/Future Business Leaders in 1995. While maintaining a diversity of business and personal interests, Sternbach concentrated most of his efforts over the past 28 years towards continuously improving the quality of services delivered by the Star Multi Care Services’ family of companies.
Stephen Sternbach holds a Master of Public Administration from Syracuse University – Maxwell School of Public Administration and a Bachelor of Arts in Industrial Relations and Personnel Administration from Ithaca College.
Latest posts by Stephen Sternbach (see all)
- Holiday Stress? Hire a Home Care Services Provider for Your Aging Loved One - December 11, 2018
- Will My Elderly Parent Need Post Surgery Care? - December 4, 2018
- Symptoms of Pneumonia in Aging Adults - November 27, 2018