Americans live busy lives. Many households have two working parents, kids in school, goal to pursue, and other demands. When an aging parent begins to need care, adult children may often find themselves stepping in to take on this responsibility as well. Although noble, caring for someone who may have suffered a stroke or who has dementia, for example, can be trying. That’s why home care is available for aging parents who need care a few hours a week, everyday, or even twenty four hours a day, seven days a week.
Home Care Benefits
For families looking for quality, safe care for their aging parent, home care is the answer. Here are five benefits for using home care services.
- Home care gives adult children peace of mind. When an individual can’t be there to care for an aging parent, home care professionals step in. Adult children may work full-time or not live nearby. For these reasons, having someone there to care for a parent will give adult children peace of mind.
- Home care professionals have the training and experience to give quality care. Home care providers are experts in their field. They have the experience, training, skills, and personality traits that make them great at their jobs. Having access to this knowledge is comforting for many adult children and the aging parent being cared for. Their experience gives them the answers to many of the questions posed by this new situation.
- Home care professionals help with everyday tasks. When it comes to doing things like bathing, dressing, light housekeeping, meal preparation, and getting to and from doctor’s appointments, home care providers help with all this and more.
- Home care professionals are a source of companionship. For the elderly, it can be hard to get out of the house and have social interactions. Being isolated in not healthy for anyone. With a home care provider comes instant companionship. Someone to share a meal with, someone to talk to, someone to laugh with, and something to look forward to.
- Home care professionals provide one-on-one support. Having a care professional come to the home of an aging parents guarantees one-on-one support. There is always someone there in case of an emergency and an aging parent’s needs are met immediately. When being cared for by a professional, this one-on-one care means constant, quality care.
If you or an aging loved one are in need of home care in Plainview, NY or the surrounding areas, contact the caring professionals at Star Multi Care Services today at (631)956-8835. We are the Right Choice for Home Health Care Services!
From 1978 to 1986, Sternbach was associated with Automated Data Processing, Inc. (“ADP”)–a provider of information services, where he held several marketing positions before becoming the Director of Sales.
1999-2008 Sternbach was an active participant on the Board of Directors for Proginet–a computer software company based in Garden City, New York. He also served on the Board of Trustees of the Long Island Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society from 1996-2002.
In 1996, Stephen Sternbach was named “Entrepreneur of the Year” by Ernst & Young, Paine Webber and NASDAQ. Sternbach was also named in Crain’s New York Business Article, “40 Under 40” Successful Business Executives/Future Business Leaders in 1995. While maintaining a diversity of business and personal interests, Sternbach concentrated most of his efforts over the past 28 years towards continuously improving the quality of services delivered by the Star Multi Care Services’ family of companies.
Stephen Sternbach holds a Master of Public Administration from Syracuse University – Maxwell School of Public Administration and a Bachelor of Arts in Industrial Relations and Personnel Administration from Ithaca College.
Latest posts by Stephen Sternbach (see all)
- Ways to Celebrate National Ice Cream Day - July 10, 2018
- Five Tips When Time Is Getting Away from You as a Busy Caregiver - July 5, 2018
- What Causes Hospital Induced Delirium? - June 26, 2018