In your role as a family caregiver for your aging parent one of the most important decisions that you will make is whether your senior needs home care services or how much of such care would benefit them the most. You want to make sure that you make the decision that will ensure they have all of the support and care that they need, but that you are kept at the forefront of their care, and their independence is not compromised.
One of the greatest benefits of home care services is the customization of the schedule, meaning that your parent can have highly personalized care when it is right for them. For many elderly adults and their family caregivers, one of the most beneficial times to have an in-home senior care services is at night.
A home care services provider can be awake and alert during the night to provide care so that you can get the rest that you need. Some things to keep in mind when considering whether your aging parent might need home care services at night include:
- Does your parent fall out of bed frequently?
- Has your parent experienced frequent falls at night?
- Does your parent have wandering tendencies that might cause them to leave them home during the night and get lost or end up in a dangerous situation?
- Has your parent ever locked themselves out of the house at night?
- Has your parent had a history of sleepwalking or performing activities at night that might be dangerous, such as cooking?
- Has there been a fire in your parent’s home?
- Does your parent need assistance with personal care needs such as toileting?
- Does your parent suffer from Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia or cognitive decline that may cause them to do something dangerous, such as cook and forget to turn the stove off, at night?
Starting home care services for your aging parent can be one of the best decisions that you can make for your elderly parent during the course of your caregiver journey with them. An in-home senior care services provider can be with your parent on a customized schedule to ensure that they are getting everything that they need no matter how often you are able to be with them.
Through a set of highly personalized services this care provider can ensure that any care gaps that exist in your routine are fulfilled effectively and in the way that is right for your aging parent. This means that your senior can pursue the highest quality of life possible while also pursuing an active, independent, and fulfilling lifestyle throughout their later years.
If you or an aging loved one are in need of Home Care Services in Rockville Center NY or the surrounding areas, contact the caring professionals at Star Multi Care Services today at (631)956-8835. We are the Right Choice for Home Health Care Services!
From 1978 to 1986, Sternbach was associated with Automated Data Processing, Inc. (“ADP”)–a provider of information services, where he held several marketing positions before becoming the Director of Sales.
1999-2008 Sternbach was an active participant on the Board of Directors for Proginet–a computer software company based in Garden City, New York. He also served on the Board of Trustees of the Long Island Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society from 1996-2002.
In 1996, Stephen Sternbach was named “Entrepreneur of the Year” by Ernst & Young, Paine Webber and NASDAQ. Sternbach was also named in Crain’s New York Business Article, “40 Under 40” Successful Business Executives/Future Business Leaders in 1995. While maintaining a diversity of business and personal interests, Sternbach concentrated most of his efforts over the past 28 years towards continuously improving the quality of services delivered by the Star Multi Care Services’ family of companies.
Stephen Sternbach holds a Master of Public Administration from Syracuse University – Maxwell School of Public Administration and a Bachelor of Arts in Industrial Relations and Personnel Administration from Ithaca College.
Latest posts by Stephen Sternbach (see all)
- Protecting Your Parent From Extreme Heat - May 23, 2018
- Strike Out Stroke Month—Education and Awareness - May 17, 2018
- Tips for Cleaning Your Parent’s Home to Reduce Allergies - May 9, 2018